Monday, April 30, 2012

odayan #6

This is what I've been working on the past few weeks. I’ve seen many versions of this page so I don’t know what the final graytoned one will look like. Odayan is a Kalaripayattu based tale of revenge set in fictional ancient Kerala (a southern state in India). Kalaripayattu is one of the oldest forms of martial arts in the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalaripayattu Trying to get a manga vibe on these pages. Lotsa fun, hope it turns out ok. On a personal note I'm very excited about this project as it will be my first work to be published in India :) also the most violent stuff I've drawn so far. 5 out of 6 doctors recommend Odayan for your monthly dose of sarong splitting action. Odayan bought to you by level 10 comics. Their website also has some digital comics for free in case you want to check it out http://www.level10comics.com

2 comments:

  1. Kotian Boss,

    Am a HUGE fan of Odayan - unfortunately based in Arunachal Pradesh. Can you please tell me where I could purchase (online) the full-sized graphic novel ? A friend picked up the mini-comic book on flipkart, but the artwork suffered such minimization, I felt. I'd like to buy all the regular sized issues, but don't find them available on flipkart/infibeam etc. Any thoughts ?

    Keep up with the writing - this series is the true answer to the japanese, Lone Wolf & Kid series.... :)

    Regards,

    Debashish

    ReplyDelete
  2. great fan of Odayan !!

    Could you inform as to when the 3rd book in the series will be releasing ???

    ReplyDelete